What is CLV Chain?
CLV Chain is a set of specialized chains that is cross-chain interoperable, and currently consists of:
- CLV Mainnet (M-Chain) - a Governance & Exchange Chain, and
- CLV Parachain (P-Chain) - a Smart Contract Chain that is EVM compatible
Both blockchains are validated and secured by the Substrate framework.
- Compatible with Ethereum, supporting seamless migration of existing dApps to CLV P-Chain
- CLV EVM economic incentive mechanism
- CLV universal cross-chain modules
- Smart contracts governance - malicious smart contracts can be blocked through on-chain governance
- Upgradeable smart contract support - CLV EVM has built-in support for seamless upgrade of smart contracts
- CLV Chain supports direct transactions between substrate accounts and EVM accounts
CLV Mainnet (M-Chain) is used for governance and exchange purpose. $CLV token is issued on CLV Mainnet, and users can freely cross-chain transfer to Ethereum, BSC and CLV Parachain.
CLV Parachain (P-Chain) is EVM compatible smart contract chain that is currently connected to Polkadot Mainnet as one of the Parachains. Developers can easily migrate their existing Solidity smart contracts to CLV Parachain without any modification.
The main differences between CLV EVM and Ethereum are:
- 1.CLV P-Chain uses NPoS consensus, and Ethereum use PoW (for now).
- 2.CLV P-Chain utilizes a unique dual-blockchain structure, it both supports EVM transactions as well as Polkadot like transactions.
- 3.CLV P-Chain has lower gas fee than Ethereum.
- 4.CLV P-Chain has higher throughput, around 1000 transactions a second